Re: the qf file

Software Test Account (softtest@wu1.wl.aecl.ca)
Fri, 03 Mar 1995 08:59:17 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 25 Feb 1995, *Hobbit* wrote:

> I messed with this a little too -- it appears that you have to get a message
> queued for retry later.  Lots of sites run with Odbackground in their .cf
> files and Sendmail will try to fire off a delivery right then and there,
> using the "ctladdr" it got from the current SMTP session.  If you can get a
> message to queue, though, possibly by CCing to a site that's down, and jam
> the extra "Croot" or "Cdaemon" or whatever line into the queue file, Sendmail
> will read and believe this during the next queue run, and turn on stuff like
> file and program delivery.  Euugh.

This does indeed work quite fine -- _EXCEPT_ -- you need to be root to
modify the qf* files and place them back into the /var/spool/mqueue
directory.  This is even true for most handicapped UNIX OS's....

Erik
     ____       _____    _______   __     Erik Lindquist
    / _  |     / ___/   / _____/  /  /    Systems Administrator
   / /_| |    / /__    / /       /  /     AECL Whiteshell Laboratories
  /  __  |   / ___/   / /       /  /      VOICE: (204) 753-2311x3145
/_/    |_| /______/ /_______/ /________/  E-mail: lindquie@wu1.wl.aecl.ca